Thursday, February 5, 2009

Taking a break from rice @Quiznos


So there's this new sandwich shop opens near my office which I didn't even notice till a colleague of mine S pointed out to me. One fine noon we went there for lunch, eager to sit outside to enjoy the sun and the warmth in exchange of our frosty office. She ordered Honey Bourbon Chicken sandwich set with a soup. Originally I wanted to order a turkey bacon guacamole, a recommendation from a reputable source and a die hard fan of Quiznos in the States, but alas, it does not exist here in Singapore. I ended up ordering Mesquite Chicken set with salad instead.

My mesquite chicken was tasty; it involves bacon, cheddar, lettuce, tomato, red onion and ranch dressing. My whole wheat bread was toasted, so it was warm and toasty. Yum! That is how I like my sandwich: W.A.R.M. and of course toasty. The sandwich did not disappoint though I didn't really taste the cheddar. The salad was a really nice decent salad. In a country where it's hard to find a good salad, I was very happy that afternoon. They even put some sweet onions instead o the usual lettuce and tomato! I get to choose from a range of salad dressing options too! I opted for honey mustard. Oh, did I tell you that the salad's size was also decent? Not just a few pieces of lettuce?


Chicken Mesquite 6" at SGD 5.90 plus SGD 2.70 for the combo drinks and a choice of: salad/chips/soup


Close ups of the Mesquite Chicken

I didn't try the Honey Bourbon that S ordered, but I did tried her soup which was broccoli cheese. Not a fan of broccoli cheddar to begin with, but this was decent. Though I am a die hard food fan, sometimes I do think of the calories and this was one of those moments. One thing that fascinate me about the honey bourbon chicken is that, they you coriander leaves! According to S, it was also one of the ingredients that really brought out the flavor of the sandwich. Coriander is definitely one of my favorite herbs. It really brings out the taste in whatever it is that you're cooking or eating. Not to mention the fragrance!


Honey Bourbon Chicken Combo with Broccoli Cheddar soup at SGD 5.10 for 6" sub. Notice the coriander leaves!

Quiznos was definitely a good break from Subway. Usually I would go to Subway whenever I need a break from rice and noodle diet that this country is in to get some sandwich. I love the simplicity of Subway and the way they allow you to pick and choose whatever you want on your sandwich, but Quiznos kinda gives you the impression that they are a premium deli cause you can't really make it at home. Well, you can technically. But are you really gonna make honey bourbon chicken just to make a sandwich? It's becoming one of my favorite lunch destination. Oh! And I do hope they bring out turkey bacon guacamole soon!

Quiznos Sub
49 Pekin St
#01-01 Far East Square
Singapore, 048781
+65 6557 2270
www.quisnoz.com
(Closed on Sundays)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and make my day! Let me know that I am not blogging in vain...