Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday Italian Lunch @Mont Calzone


It was the long awaited lunch hour. The most waited one of the week, because it was FRIDAY! It was also a lunch I was waiting for cause I was lunching with K that day. We were both running late due to issues and the so called "urgent" requests. Luckily, S decided to join us and she was free, so she ran to grab a table first. When we finally got there, the place was jammed packed. Since I hadn't been there before, I had to read the menu while my stomach starting to protest already. We finally decided; Curry Chicken Calzone for K, Al Fungi Linguini for S and Parma Ham and Arugula pasta for me.


Pesto Chicken Calzone with red sauce on the side


Cross section of the pesto chicken calzone, doesn't it just look so good stuffed with all those yumminess?

We had to ask for our orders three times. Not good. Seems like they were either short staffed or not efficient. Since it was my first time there, I didn't know. Finally, K's calzone arrived. We were getting happy because that meant our food was on the way, right? WRONG! We had to wait 5-10 more minutes before ours finally came. And they gave K the wrong calzone! They gave her instead pesto chicken calzone with pineapples inside and red sauce on the side. K decided to stick with it and turned out that she liked it better than the curry chicken one.


Parma Arugula Pasta - check out that beauty

She was almost done when finally our order came. I love my parma arugula pasta. Yes, I am a fan of parma ham! It just looked so beautiful; white spaghetti with pinkish peach parma ham and arugula greens. It was done in garlic, olive oil, tomatoes, and parmesan cheese. Very light to compliment the strong taste of parma ham and the arugula. The pasta was firm too. Good quality Italian food, though I wouldn't mind a little bit more parmesan cheese on my pasta next time. ;)


Al Fungi Linguini

S' al fungi linguini was also firm and I could see an abundance of mushrooms. The cream base sauce was infused with mushroom so that even the cream itself had mushroom taste. The earthy fragrant of the mushroom was really mouthwatering. That and our hunger probably made it really damn good pasta.

I would come back to Mont, but please shorten the wait time! Hmm.... I get hungry writing this...

Mont Calzone
#01-01 Far East Square
38 Pekin Street
+65 6557 2304
http://www.montcalzone.com.sg/
(Closed on Sundays)

*Due to hunger, I hereby apologize for forgetting to note down the price, however the pasta ranges about SGD15 per portion and so was the calzone, before tax that is...*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and make my day! Let me know that I am not blogging in vain...