Saturday, January 31, 2009

Crispy Duck @Teahouse


My parents seem to think that I am their errand girl, and this night I was running an errand for them. I just needed to drop something to a friend, but it was friday night and we were hungry and another friend came along starved. When N finally came, she was a girl with a mission and a concrete decision on where to eat and what to order. Teahouse at Raffles City it was.


My cup of Chinese tea and chilli oil

Since I never been there before and N had, I let her ordered; Teahouse Crispy Duck, Broccoli and Mushroom and Reunion Omelette. Oh and of course rice. We ordered as we were waiting for a table, did I mention already that N was determined? The tiny little place was crowded, the night was getting late and we were getting hungrier. After a 15 minutes wait, we finally found ourselves a table. Shortly after the food starting to arrive. Yippee!


Teahouse Crispy Duck @SGD10.70

The teahouse crispy duck, I suppose was their specialty. It definitely looked attractive and glossy with yumminess. The duck was showered with that special soy sauce for duck. The meat was tender, juicy and sweet. It still had that earthy taste to it, but just right not too much. However, even though the dish is named "Crispy Duck" I found that it wasn't crispy. I felt rather cheated on that, but it has been while since I last had a good duck, so since the meat is nice I forgave them for naming it so.


Reunion Omelette @SGD 6.90 Sorry I almost forgot taking the picture, what did I tell you? It was so good thats why I got carried away eating it...

The Reunion Omelette came next. Not sure why they call it that, but it had generous amount of prawns. There were supposed to be pork sausage too, but we opted for a halal dish. It was such a simple dish, a prawn omelette, but it was so delicious. Just the right combination of ingredients I guess. It definitely made me miss foo yung hai.


Broccoli and Mushroom in Oyster Sauce @8.20

The veggies came last. A dollop of thickened oyster sauce on top of the broccoli and mushrooms. The mushrooms, wow, huge and thick! It's quite rare to have that kind of mushrooms these days. So I was very excited and happy. The mushrooms indeed delivered to its promising look. They are so thick yet tender. The oyster sauce complimented the mushroom's original taste well because each one of them is so simple but the combination is delish!

Teahouse
The Asian Kitchen
252 North Bridge Rd, #B1-15
Raffles City Shopping Centre
+65 6336 4838

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and make my day! Let me know that I am not blogging in vain...