Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A little bit of sugar rush from Komugi


I woke up that day with a craving of strawberry shortcake. That was all I wanted to eat, actually since the night before. I remembered that there is a small cakery at the Papaya Japanese supermarket in Melawai that had cute fancy looking cakes. After securing a ride, I was on my way there. In less than half an hour I was already on my way back with a strawberry shortcake, pistachio pudding, montmercy and fruit anmitsu. I just had to try it so that I could write it for you all. So you see, it's for a greater purpose, not just gluttony.


Sideview of the strawberry shortcake @Rp 18,000

The strawberry shortcake looked so fluffy, like it would just melt in your mouth. It lived up to its look definitely. The short bread was firm with just a hint of sweetness. The cream felt white (yes white), fresh and sweet. The cream really complimented the shortbread. The strawberry was sour, unfortunately, but if you diced it to small enough pieces and eat one piece with a dollop of the cake and cream, it's good. I suppose, you can't blame them for not using the finest strawberry as it would increase the cost of this delectable treat.


Montmercy - intriguing little thing isn't it? A slice for Rp 28,000

Montmercy. I have no idea what that means. I just know that it looks like pie, green pie, that was made from pistachio I was told. In the middle of the pie, they put some cherries. Whole cherries. It has this sweet almond-y taste to it. Perhaps it was made from almond flour. The cherry was the highlight of my piece of montmercy, as it gave a fruity flavor to the otherwise sweet pie. I think they should put more cherries...


The fruit anmitsu and pistachio pudding

Fruit anmitsu was yummy, but it was mainly jelly instead of fruits. The spritzy jelly part wasn't my favorite as it was quite sour, I'd much rather they not have that at all. They should have used brown sugar instead to stay true to the real anmitsu.


Pretty colorful fruit anmitsu @Rp 19,000


My little pint of pistachio pudding @Rp 29,000

I love the cute pudding jar! It's shaped as a miniature milk jar. The pistachio pudding was so soft and creamy with a hint of pistachio. The color was green and it was oh so smooth it almost taste like cream.

Komugi Bakery & Pastry
Papaya Supermarket
Jl. Melawai Raya No. 28
Kebayoran Baru
Jakarta
+62 21 7279 3777

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and make my day! Let me know that I am not blogging in vain...