Monday, March 30, 2009

Stinky shirt day after Uncle Sam's Claypot


I don't remember how I ended up at Uncle Sam's claypot for lunch that day as I'm not a big fan of claypot, I blame it on the rain from that day. The restaurant felt more like a canteen than a restaurant. The waitresses milling about barking orders and giving checks even before you had a sip of your drink. I didn't worry so much on those things but I did worry on how rice was sizzling agaisnt the hot claypot and sauces that were giving such strong smell that would no doubt stick to my clothes all day long. The food came in a little while sizzling hot with smoke coming out of the dish. It looked appetizing enough.

Pipping hot Thai chicken claypot

I ordered their specialty which was the Spicy Thai Chicken Claypot or something the like. Come to think of it I should have ordered the original chicken claypot since now I had to battle not only the hotness from the Thai chilli but also the temperature. Due to time constrain I wasn't able to let it cool down for long as I had to get back to work. If I was eating at leisurely pace I might have a different experience. I couldn't help but comparing this claypot with the Korean version of claypot: Dol Sot Bibimbap. The claypot rice which used the long grained rice wasn't as crispy as the korean rice which are usually fluffier hence when it is scorched agaisnt the hot claypot it browns lightly and tasted crispy while the long grained rice was prone to getting burnt. To see the positive side, the claypot rice saved me from being hungry and the price was reasonable though my clothes stink for the whole day.

The Uncle Sam's Claypots
#01-01A, 63 Robinson Road,
Afro-Asia Building
Singapore
+65 6221 3098

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and make my day! Let me know that I am not blogging in vain...