Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ham and Cheese Sandwich

The menu at Quattro Stagioni

On my way home from work that day, I decided to stop by Liang Court to get a light bite for dinner as I wasn't that hungry but knew that if I were to skip dinner I'd be hungry later. Earlier that day, I was looking at the Wisconsin state cheese promotion where the tourism board claims that Wisconsin is for cheese what California is to wine. Click here if you want more details. Do let me know if you go there or if you have been there, tell me if it worth going.


The back of the store and the bar-like seats

Needless to say, I had this nagging feeling for some cheese. So I decided to try this little deli that I have been curious to try but haven't had the chance. Seating myself on the little bar like table at the back, I studied the menu and decided to have Aosta. The girl made it right in front of me. So I saw how many slices of ham goes into my sandwich (2 slices :-\ ) and how much cheese (enough but I prefer more!).

Aosta sandwich consisted of Cotto ham, Fontal cheese, tomato slices, lettuce and mayo. I asked for sliced whole grain, toasted. I was very surprised to see how thin the toast slice was as the sandwich cost me SGD 8. It worked fine that night as I wasn't too hungry but still, it was a rather expensive sandwich! There was only one person working that night so I had to wait for a while to get my sandwich, but since I wasn't that hungry it helped me worked an appetite.


Aosta: Cotto Ham, Fontal Cheese, Tomato slices, Lettuce and Mayo on
sliced whole grain SGD 8

When the sandwich finally came, the presentation wasn't great nor was the size however the taste was really nice and light. The cotto ham was mild and the cheese too was very mild but creamy and comforting. Later on I found out that Fontal cheese is used to make fondue, so that's probably why the taste is mild. The tomato slices were fresh and juicy, overall the sandwich was just nice.

Certosa: Parma Ham, Imported Stracchino Cheese, Rucola on Ciabatta

The next day, I wondered Liang Court again and since I was still in the mood for some cheese, I decided to try the Certosa; parma ham, imported stracchino cheese and Rucola on ciabatta as I was feeling a little hungrier than the previous day. The presentation and service that day was better as there were three people serving and working. The sandwich tasted delicious but the parma ham and the cheese had such strong taste that I couldn't finish the whole sandwich. It was such a shame...

Grapefruit San Pellegrino SGD 2.20

The grapefruit San Pellegrino was nice too. Not sure why, but lately I have been craving grapefruit juice. What I really would like is to find those grapefruit spoon and then have half of a grapefruit each morning. It's a great way to start your day.

Quattro Stagioni Deli
Liang Court Shopping Centre
B1-27/29
177 River Valley Road
Singapore 179030

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and make my day! Let me know that I am not blogging in vain...