Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Seafood Galore @Long Beach Dempsey

Long Beach Dempsey's

I can still taste the Scottish bamboo clamp I had that night with my brother, fresh, succulent, meaty. Superb. I have to tell you though, I had the worst day ever before I sat down to enjoy my meal that night. I woke up at 4.30am with a massive headache all over my head, all the way to my jaws, this throbbing that I could feel all the way through my teeth. All these lasted almost 5 hours till I finally took some pain killer. I was so glad that my brother came that day to accompany me to the doctor, I couldn't even walk straight.


My plate with some peanuts and no idea why the towel's wrap is a girl in a swimsuit?

So, after the afternoon visit to the doctor my bro said to me, 'okay, lets grab some real nice fancy dinner and go home and rest'. Then I heard him say, "Long Beach"? That's when I knew that the meal was not a pure brotherly love but also some hidden craving for crabs. Anyway, I was game cause I love the Scottish Bamboo Clamps there. It's quite costly SGD 10/piece, but good heavens it is worth it. So I told him, let's go as long as I get my 2 pieces of Scottish Bamboo Clamps.


Scottish Bamboo Clamps in garlic and soy sauce

We ended up ordering the bamboo clamps, Singapore Chili Crab and Cereal Prawn. It was cholesterol madness, but last time I had my check up which wasn't too long ago, my cholesterol level is good. It'd be ok for this feast. The clamps were huge. The flesh so tender but yet firm and sweet. The simplicity of minced garlic and soy sauce brought out the freshness of the clamps.

The Cereal Prawn came after the bamboo clamps, it was huge, full of meat and sweet. The cereal nicely complimented the prawn. The cereal were crispy, savory and lightly sweet. I really wish I was more famished that day.

Plateful of Cereal Prawns

Notice the size of the prawn...

The Singapore Chili Crab had lots of flesh which was quite easy to pick apart. Since we ordered a female crab, the eggs were just fantastico! The Singaporean chili sauce was done nicely too, not too sweet but savory.

Singapore Chilli Sauce Crab

It was a nice crabby ending to a crappy day... Yeah, I know it's cheesy, but just give me this once...

Long Beach @Dempsey
25 Dempsey Road
Tanglin Village
Singapore
+65 6323 2222

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and make my day! Let me know that I am not blogging in vain...