Saturday, March 7, 2009

Mountain Ocean Sun Burger

The Yakiniku Burger Set including small fries and iced milk tea

Mountain Ocean Sun Burger. Sounds like a mouthful doesn't it? Some thought it as premium burgers, others as gourmet burger, whichever way you think to me, its a Japanese style burger and since it originates from Japan I am not even surprised that the concept, taste, quality and even packaging style has a certain Japanese twist on. I wish I could have told you that I came across MOS burger in Japan, but it wasn't so. It was introduced to me by a family friend more than a decade ago. Gosh, that makes me feel so old just saying that. Anyway, at that time the closet MOS burger was in Singapore luckily my always travelling family members were able to bring me some to taste.

Close up of the yakiniku rice burger, notice the rice-based-bun

Tsukune rice burger (minced chicken patty)

It was a revelation to see that instead of buns they used rice shaped into buns and that instead of burger patties, they used sliced beef, yakiniku style. For a long time, I used to always order yakiniku burger, but now I've ventured out of making this my only choice and add teriyaki chicken burger, scallop burger (their latest edition starting March 8 in Singapore), MOS burger, etc.

Close up fries, notice the perfect golden color

Another thing that I really like at MOS burger, well two things actually are the iced milk tea and their fries. Their fries are just nice, not too thin but not too big either, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Someone told me that their favorite thing in MOS burger is the fries and the chili sauce. Go figure. The iced milk tea, is basically iced tea that has been sweetened and you get these little cream cups which you pour inside to transform it into ice milk tea.

Iced tea with milk (before)

Iced Milk Tea (after ;))

N ordered the kakiage burger that day. I have never tried it but I think you can never be disappointed with any of the burgers here. The other day, I tried the scallop burger and I was surprised that I could taste scallops, quite a bit of them, with asparagus! Premium burger eh?! The sauce though tasted very similar to teriyaki sauce and a little to sweet for my taste. I think they should work on the sauce, steer it towards tempura sauce taste than to teriyaki.
Scallops Rice Burger

Kakiage Rice Burger

Anyway, I just have to say that I'm very happy when they opened their Telok Ayer's outlet as it's so close by from my office. Now I don't need to walk all the way to Chevron house to get my fix of Mountain Ocean Sun burger.

MOS Burger
http://www.mosburger.com.sg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and make my day! Let me know that I am not blogging in vain...