Monday, March 23, 2009

Cheap good meal @Fu Lin Tou Fu

The small shop with the long queue

Not too far away from my office, there is this crabby looking little place that sells dry yong tau foo with cramped seats inside and on the dodgy little alley on the side of the shop. Unlike the usual yong tau foo in Singapore, this shop fried most of the items (other than veggies of course) and uses this beef and mushroom sauce. They serve it with either rice or white noodles with the beef mushroom sauce as it's base. It's very unique so it is of little wonder why even though the place is crabby and seats are on a dodgy alley, the shop always have an insanely long queue. Just make sure you get there early, or after the rush hour crowd else you have to wait for a long time.

A set of 6 items with rice and extra sauce

A close up of the dish: veggies, chicken wrapped in seaweed, eggplant fish cakes,...

I always have a hard time choosing between noodle or rice, because as much as I love the noodles its so slippery and I hate making a mess and staining my shirt. These days, I opted for the rice. My favorite is of course the eggplant fish cake, so yummy! Actually I don't think there's anything there that is not tasty, but do try the mushroom, eggplant and the yue tiao like fish cakes. I have to admit that after a long abstinent of this yong tau foo, I went yesterday and today for lunch, same order. It's that good. Trust me.

6 items + rice/noodle SGD 4.50
7 items + rice/noodle SGD 5.00
8 items + rice/noodle SGD 5.50

additional items 60 cents/each.

Fu Lin Tou Fu Yuen
19 Amoy St
Singapore 069854
+65 6423 1911

1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks for the nice review. We ve moved to 127 Telok Ayer St, and opening another outlet at Hong Leong Bldg Jan2011. Our main is at 721 East Coast Rd.
    Check us out!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts and make my day! Let me know that I am not blogging in vain...