Saturday, March 28, 2009

Big Breakfast @Cedele


Big Breakfast @SGD 17.40:
Rustic White Toast, Bacon Rashers (which I switch to an extra sausage!!), Sausages, Scramble Eggs, Mushrooms & Tomatoes

Lately I have been reminiscing about the food from a small town in Pennsylvania where I spent a good few years of my life as a student. I miss the food from the local tavern wannabe, the wing night at the small local pubs on the 5 block stretch of so called main street. Little choices as they were, I do miss it from time to time especially the American style breakfast from Perkins, a family restaurant chain that serves breakfast food all day, 24/7/365! Scrambled eggs, or omelet with sausages, bacon and hash browns; pancakes and waffles. *sigh* Notmany is available here in Singapore and certainly not as cheap. Luckily, A suggested Cedele, a local cafe that serves breakfast daily with a healthy twist (definitely no hash browns) and slightly costing more.

Pasta, it was the first dish to come out...

Making our way to Cedele Wheelock Place, I knew exactly what I wanted. After a quick consideration I decided to get the Big Breakfast set which include eggs, sausages and bacon rashers which I switched to sausage, mushrooms, salad and toasts. No hash browns, sadly. It also came with a side of coffee or tea for SGD17.40. Yeah, a bit steep, but I was desparate. I was so happy when it finally came. Armed with ketchup, I devoured the eggs, mushroom and sausage. The toast came with butter and strawberry jam, my favorite combo. The bread was soft, lightly toasted, warm and tasted slightly milky and doughy. I love the bread with butter and jam. The mushrooms were firm and earthy. If only it came with hash browns, it would have been perfect.

Carrot cake, yum...

P had the carrot cake, which was delicious as it wasn't too sweet and the walnut gave it a savory, crunchy twist. The pasta that A was having, was so-so. Cedele is where I would go for sandwich, soup, breakfast food, cakes and coffee or tea but not pasta. For pasta I would rather go to an Italian joint or Japanese Italian. Carbonara with kimchi...yumm....The queue at Whelock was definitely better and the waitres staff responded better for your requests though they did gave us the bill twice without us asking and when we finally did ask, they didn't bring it. The food was good but for the price that they were demanding, service should be better....

Wheelock Place
501 Orchard Road #03-14
Wheelock Place
+65 6732 8520
Click here for website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and make my day! Let me know that I am not blogging in vain...