Sunday, May 30, 2010

Penne in pumpkin sauce



I read somewhere that Australians don't eat as much veggies and fruits as they should which made me think about what I had put in my stomach recently. Sadly, I cannot list many veggies or fruits. So, I marched to my local groceries to get some veggies to whip out some healthy meal for the day. I decided on garlic shoots and mushrooms.


And here's the recipe:
2 table spoons of olive oil
4 cloves of garlic (minced)
2 cups of mushrooms (quartered)
1 bunch of garlic shoots (cut in 2.5cm length)
2 cups of penne
2 tea spoon of salt
1 packet of ready made pumpkin soup
parmesan cheese (to taste and garnish)

1. Boil water on a separate pot and put in the salt. After the water starts boiling, dump in the penne and turn down the heat to medium and wait till it boils again.
2. Heat the olive oil on a frying pan and throw in the minced garlic stirring till brown.
3. Throw in garlic shoots and mushrooms, stir till they are a little browned, but not too much
4. Put in the pumpkin soup, stir and taste. Add in salt or pepper to taste if needed.
5. Check for penne and if its ready, strain the water out.
6. Put penne on a serving bowl and pour the sauce on top.
7. Garnish with parmesan cheese.

And there it was, pasta with THREE different veggies... Healthier than what I normally eat for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and make my day! Let me know that I am not blogging in vain...