Monday, June 7, 2010

Cravings: once on the lips, forever on the hips moment

Fried pork chop with creamed corn, AUD 9, and hot tea on the backgroun

For the last two weeks, I had been craving for a 'once on the lips, forever on the hips' dish from Ching Yip Cafe in China Town. For the life of me, I can't remember how I found out about this place, I had been going here since 10 years ago, back in the late 90s. It felt like a million years ago. I rediscovered it a few years back after a long absent from Sydney. To my surprise, the restaurant was still the same restaurant as it had 10 years ago! The wait staff still speak broken English, the menu was the same, the decor too stayed the same. It was rather nostalgic and comforting at the same time. So in the spirit of being constant, I ordered, the only thing that I always ordered, fried pork chop with creamed corn.

Like I said, a 'once on the lips, forever on the hips' dish. It taste so good though, the pork chop was soft and savory while the creamed corn soft and sweet. The pile of rice was still mountainous. I didn't finish the rice, but finished everything else. Oh, apparently if you come in the morning, before noon, you get free hot tea! Hmmmm... good stuff. Yeah, I'll regret it this later, but if it's any consolation, winter is here. It's cold outside and another layer of blubber could help with the cold.

Ching Yip Coffee Lounge
2nd Floor Dixon House
413 Sussex St
China Town
+61 2 9281 1591
Open Daily from 9am-8.30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and make my day! Let me know that I am not blogging in vain...