Monday, June 7, 2010

Brunch at Bar Zini

Panini Prosciutto Sandwich

Choosing Bar Zini for brunch this Saturday, just shows how powerful a blog could be. A friend's blog, Love My Foods & Sugar, has just been updated a post of a recent visit to Bar Zini. I was also opening up Time Out Sydney for inspiration and saw yet another recommendation for Bar Zini. It was a Saturday, the weather was gorgeous after a week full of rain and I just didn't feel like going to Surry Hills and fight for parking space and wait for a table. A quick read of Time Out Sydney showed me that there were a few cafes near Bar Zini in Pyrmont which would be handy in case we didn't get a table.

H2O

J and I arrived just a little over 11 am and the menu said breakfast available till 11 am. So we ordered a panini sandwich from the lunch menu. Apparently though, we could have still ordered the breakfast menu. The table next to us were having this baked egg that looked and smelled delicious! The sandwich consisted of tomato slices, prosciutto cotto, greens, and mozarella. So very simple, yet oh so very good. I was warned that Bar Zini would have a limited choices, but what they lack in choices they more than made up in taste and quality.

Espresso Machiatto

The espresso machiatto were short and lethal. It certainly woke me up. I was also impressed with their drink menu and I love the neighborhood bar feel to it. Once my liquid of happiness buddy is back in town, I will try my very best to drag her here. What's better than a good fun night full of liquid happiness and the possibility of a tasty panini sandwich?

Bar Zini
78 Harris St
Pyrmont, NSW 2009
+61 2 9660 5718

1 comment:

  1. oops, forgot to tell you, it's all day breakfast for saturday :P My bad !!
    Glad you enjoyed it too :D

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts and make my day! Let me know that I am not blogging in vain...