Saturday, June 12, 2010

Cooking garlic shoots


I have just recently discovered garlic shoots and I love it. It has become one of my favorite vegetables. It's super easy to cook too and especially delicious for stir frying. It's crunchy and sweet, and its fiber! It's also nice to have a home cooked meal on this winter days. Here's my recipe if you're interested.



Ingredients:
1 bunch of garlic shoots - cut in 4 cm length
3 cloves of garlic - minced
100 grams of minced pork (or substitute it with meat/chicken/tofu)
2 table spoon of oyster sauce
2 table spoon of Worcestershire sauce
1 tea spoon of sesame oil
3 table spoon of olive/vegetable oil

1. Heat olive/vegetable oil on a frying pan and enter the minced garlic, still till browned and you can smell the fragrant
2. Put in the minced meat and stir till browned, then throw in the garlic shoots, mix them together
3. Put in the oyster sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and sesame oil in the pan, mix them together. What I usually do is put a the lid on and shake everything to make sure that everything is mixed in together. It also ensures that the meat cooks faster.

Then, just serve yourself a nice meal with freshly steamed rice. Buen Provecho.

1 comment:

  1. I added ginger, chilli and carrots - delicious! Thank you!! *Love from Australia*

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts and make my day! Let me know that I am not blogging in vain...