Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Tacos and Nachos from Guzman y Gomez


The other day I had to go to Martin Place to run some errands around lunchtime and I got so hungry after it finished. So as I was thinking of what to eat, I remember that there's a Guzman y Gomez at MLC Place. Keen to skipped yet another Asian meal, I made my way to MLC Place food court.

Triple tacos

There I ordered 3 tacos for $10: one barramundi, pork chipotle and the spicy steak; 2 on crispy tacos and one on soft taco, and nachos filled with beef, salsa, re-fried beans, cheese and guacamole. These were to share guys.... the portion there is quite big so careful what you order especially since Mexican food can be filling too. It's so easy to over order but just be careful not to.

Nachos topped with lovely green guacamole, the only thing missing is sour cream... totally forgot to ask for extra

I loved my steak on soft taco. I didn't try the pork chipotle or the barramundi, but my mom seemed to enjoy them. The nachos, well beans and cheese? Yummm... The only thing that I would like better would be ground beef rather than chunks on the nachos. I love the fact that the guacamole on this nachos meal is included in the price as opposed to other place where you have to add it as an extra.

To be honest, I think I still miss the Mexican places in NYC, but it's good knowing that there's Guzman y Gomez here to turn to. Oh and I do really like that steak taco.

Guzman y Gomez
MLC Centre - Level 6, Shop 14 at MLC Centre Food Court
Martin Place (corner of Castlereagh st)
Sydney, NSW 2000
+61 2 9221 1777


Guzman y Gomez Mexican Taqueria on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. I've been itching to try guzman y gomez but always ended up going somewhere else *duh* craving for mexican food now mmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe, it's one of the best tacos I've had in Sydney. you should try it.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts and make my day! Let me know that I am not blogging in vain...