Sunday, October 31, 2010

Marie Antoinette High Tea

Lime curd meringue tart with Marie's portrait, macaroon with fresh blueberries, beetroot and cherry cupcake and the upside down portrait of Marie.

It's exams period at the uni(versity not uni as in the sea urchin... I wish!!!) and I am getting stressed out. So, if this entry sounds kinda choppy and short, I apologize in advance. If you remember the Guylian episode, I learnt from it by not expecting too much from the Marie Antoinette high tea. The result? I was happy with the outcome.

Mask for the theme, water and the chandon rose with J on the background

J was already waiting for me when I got there and right away the waiter gave us both water without being asked. The same when my other friend arrived. That... is good service. Then we got our chandon rose. I love a good bubble, especially after not having any alcohol for since I broke my foot...

The whole shebang: quite overwhelming!

The two tiered plates came next and we were speechless at how many food there were. I was pre-warned after I saw it on love my food and sugar's blog and checking it out on google, but still that was a lot of sweets on the top plate!

Slow roast beef with cream cheese stuffed baby belle pepper, the savory platter, deviled egg on heart toasted brioche and kiwi and orange croissant with mascarpone

Avocado and shrimp tartar and deviled egg on heart toasted brioche

I ate all of the savories and my favorite was the kiwi and orange croissant with mascarpone. The sweets though, I truly struggled! I liked the lime curd merengue tart, and cheated with the blueberry macaroon and chocolate cream with exotic fruit caramel and candied walnuts. I only ate a bite each... I managed to eat the scones which were warm and savory, served with their version of clotted cream and strawberry jam.

Scones with clotted cream and strawberry jam: a high tea isn't one without some scones...

I chalk this up as a successful Sydney International Food Festival 2010 =)

The Westin Sydney Hotel
No. 1 Martin Place
Sydney, NSW 2000
Click here for the complete menu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and make my day! Let me know that I am not blogging in vain...