Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day 2 cont'd: Mont Blanc and Morimoto cakes

Mont Blanc!

By the time we got back to Sapporo station, we were wiped out and our feet were crying for mercy. So we decided to hunt for a delicious looking cafe to sit and get some sugar boost. We found a cute delicious looking cafe in Apia, one of the shopping arcade in Sapporo Station.

Ginko chan ordered a roll cake and I being in Japan of course must maximize the opportunity to order Mont Blanc! Mont Blanc is originally Italian meringue based cake that is lavished with pureed chestnut. Japanese, however, perfected the art of any form of chestnut cream cakes. More on this on my Tokyo posts on later days. Anyway, back to this Mont Blanc, it was so good I could cry. So soft and sweet, yet not too sweet. Just perfect. Can someone please open a Japanese pastry and bakery in Sydney???

The cream inside wasn't too sweet at all, I could happily eat 2 back to back.

After that, we went to Daimaru department store to hunt for food for our take out dinner that we would be eating on the train ride to Bibaushi where we would be staying that night. It was food heaven! I wish I hadn't been too wow-ed out and remembered to take pictures, but sorry to say I was really distracted. Don't hate me yet, I did manage to take these pictures on this Hokkaido milk and strawberry daifuku that Ginko chan got for dessert.


Display of the Morimoto cakes on the Daimaru's basement, I regret not eating as much as I could...

Well, do you feel the urge to move to Japan now?

1 comment:

Share your thoughts and make my day! Let me know that I am not blogging in vain...