Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Curing Monday Blues with Sangria at Capitan Torres

Chorizo La Plancha, Garlic Mushrooms, and Gambas alla Sevillana

Still reeling from the fact that my Japanese vacation ended, I suggested Spanish tapas for my catch up session with IEatSweet and possible liquid of happiness moment. Thinking of sangria here. So, Monday night after my night class I ended up in Capitan Torres.

The Wine and Bread, biblical enough? Even God wants us to be happy...

The question was whether or not to get half a litter or a full jug of sangria. Checking over to the table over confirmed that we could do well with a full jug. It was fruity and happiness. Not too sweet, most importantly for me.

Garlic Mushrooms

BBQ Baby Octopus with Lemon Wedge

We ended up ordering Chorizo La Plancha (grilled chorizo sausage), Tasmanian Scallops, Gambas alla Sevillana (prawn in onion, tomato and garlic), Garlic Mushrooms and BBQ Baby Octopus. We probably ordered too much, but I was famished so I dug in the seafood. My favorites were the chorizo, mushrooms and baby octopus. The prawn was good and so was the scallops but somehow I imagined the scallops to be bigger. I'd come back for the baby octopus though. So delicious.

Tasmanian Scallops with olive and garlic

Gambas alla Sevillana

Overall, we paid around $50 each and the plain bread was free of charge. Which wasn't too bad in my opinion. Or perhaps I just had too much sangria.

Capitan Torres
73 Liverpool St.
Sydney, NSW 2000
+ 61 2 9264 5574
click here for website

2 comments:

Share your thoughts and make my day! Let me know that I am not blogging in vain...