Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Back in Sydney: Japan Withdrawal Syndrome

Meotoiwa (Marriage Rocks), Ise - Mie Prefecture

Tadaima! Back in Sydney after almost a month a way, 7 days in Jakarta and 18 days in Japan. Severely suffering from Japan withdrawal syndrome. I just really wanna go back to Japan. I wasn't ready to leave. Come to think of it I wasn't ready to leave Japan 5 years ago either. Everything there is just wonderful. From the landscape, the culture and of course the food. Food are so affordable and high in quality standard. Again, if I ever have to choose just one cuisine to eat for the rest of my life, it would be Japanese. Side road food, kombini (convenient store) food are just simply good and cheap!

Grade A4 Matsusaka Beef - it simply melts in your mouth *drools

Soy Donut

Anyway, since I just got back yesterday morning and started class last night it'd be some time before I posted all my culinary adventure in Zen Land. I will give you these preview though. These pictures were taken by my friend and host in the middle of nowhere Taki - Mie Prefecture, Chuborama san - click here for his blog.

Akafuku kakigori, Ise - Mie Prefecture

A lone mushroom sprouting out from the moss in Ise Jingu, Ise - Mie Prefecture

P.S. I did find my zen and lots of small but cute serendipities.


3 comments:

  1. *SIGH* I can't wait to go to Japan...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you! As it is, I am contemplating of heading back for a week in September...

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts and make my day! Let me know that I am not blogging in vain...