Friday, January 30, 2009

Late Lunch @Casa


Casa in Kemang, kinda feels like the display in Ikea, no?

It was one of those days when you wake up late and have breakfast late so that even though you are meeting your friend around lunchtime, you end up having a late lunch. We were in Kemang, in Saberro House checking things out when I realized that I have to feed my stomach soon as the worms were revolting and demonstrating as I breathe. Since I was going to have dinner Koi Gallery that same night, M and I decided to go to Casa. R had recommended me to try it out too so I decided to take our chances.


The bar and kitchen area at the far end, and tables with whimsical plastic/melamine chairs... It works to the whole atmosphere though

Casa is located on the second floor, above Aksara book shop in Kemang. The atmosphere that you get is quite homey, which rings true to its name, Casa afterall means 'home' in Spanish. Remember the phrase 'mi casa es su casa'? When I asked if we could get a table for two, the waiter asked me back, 'where do you wanna seat?' Never had that before, but I like the fact that he asked us to choose ourselves since the place was quite empty at that time anyway.


Pizza or sandwich? Hm.....

As soon as we sat down, I scanned the menu with a mission: to order asap. I was torn between having flaky french comte cheese pizza or a sandwich. A quick mental battle and I decided to go with the U.S. Beef Roberspierre sandwich. I wished I could have swapped the potato chips with potato fries, or wedges. Wedges with sour cream and sweet chili sauce would be good... hmmm... K, sorry for getting side tracked. Beef Roberspierre sandwich was yum, I asked for focaccia bread. The beef could be more tender, but the sauces were nice. It was my first time having Roberspierre beef, so I'm not sure how it's supposed to be though I did like it. It came also with some salad, so I ate it in my attempt to eat healthy.


US Beef Roberspierre sandwich, Rp 62,500 includes salad and potato chips, iced lemon tea, Rp 17,000


A close up of the beef sandwich. Sorry it's a bit blurry! I was way too hungry to focus...

M ordered Banana chocolate cheese flaky pizza. The pizza was indeed flaky and crispy; my favorite kind of dough. And of course, banana, chocolate and cheese are always a good combo... hmm... I could feel my stomach so happy it almost sang!


Banana Chocolate Cheese Flaky Pizza Rp 45,000

All in all, Casa's food is nice and I'd come back. It's a cozy place to hang out with friends for long talks or even to bring your board games or cards. You can just drink, eat, whatever, just hang out. The only thing that I would like is, if they can have a smoke free environment. Is that too much to ask? =S If it is, then how about a separate seating area? With bigger exhaust fan? I'm hopeful...

Casa
Jl. Kemang Raya no. 8B
Jakarta 12730
+62 21 719 9289
www.casajakarta.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and make my day! Let me know that I am not blogging in vain...