Friday, December 3, 2010

Max Brenner at Paddington


Ever since I watched that final episode of the Australian Junior Master Chef where the two finalist kids had to recreate Adriano Zumbo's pear perfection, I had been planning to stop by Zumbo's patisserie in Balmain. So I dragged a friend who was visiting Sydney to Balmain and everything was so easy, I didn't get lost, got a parking space near the shop and even got in the parallel parking spot on 3 turns! I should have been suspicious! It was TOO easy, when we got to the shop... there were no more cakes! We were too late.


So E wanted her sweets and as such we decided to drive to Paddington for Max Brenner. Chocolate could never go wrong could it?! So I order what I always order, fresh strawberries with melted chocolate and E got the waffles. Going to the Paddington shop and ordering what I ordered reminded me of the first time I've ever been to Max Brenner in 2003. Back then there were only 2 shops: Paddington's and at David Jones' basement. Now, there are gazillions of them spread all over the world, which is kinda good when you are craving them from other countries, but I can't help but feeling a bit sad that it's getting more and more like a chain shop. Anyway, the strawberries were still finger lickin' good and from the way E was devouring her waffle, hers were too. It's good to visit a familiar place once in a while and I hope it stays good.

Max Brenner
Shop 437 Oxford St
Paddington, NSW 2021
+61 2 9357 5055
for opening hours and other locations click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and make my day! Let me know that I am not blogging in vain...