Friday, December 17, 2010

Dinner at Nippon Club, Sydney CBD

Chirashi Sushi

I first came across Nippon Club when I was walking along Macquarie St to meet my tea ceremony sensei and I was reminded of this again when I received the Urasenke Tea Ceremony Association end of the year party (which I unfortunately was unable to attend). When I walked in that night, I noticed that there are two parts of the establishment: the bar at the front and the restaurant at the back. As it is still an RSL like club, I had to fill out a temporary membership form. Don't worry though, it took me only 5 seconds.



The place has that cozy kind of feel with a sushi bar which reminded me of an izakaya (Japanese tapas bar). The menu though told me that it wasn't really an izakaya. L and I settled on the chirashi sushi plate and mentaiko pasta to share. I was really impressed with the chirashi sushi, it really looked appetizing and was filled to the brimmed! The pieces of raw fish were fresh and succulent. If I was hungrier I would have been sad that I had to share that.


Super yummy mentaiko pasta

At first we were told that the mentaiko pasta was small, but when it came, we were surprised at how big it was. Unless you are really hungry, do not order this to eat by yourself! The pasta was firm! I was happy. The sauce were creamy, salty and spicy from the mentaiko. I was really really happy. It was the best mentaiko pasta I've had in Sydney so far! I long to return there already...
Oh and the price was quite reasonable too, between the two of us I think we paid around $30 each.

Nippon Club
229 Macquarie St
Sydney, NSW 2000
+61 2 9232 2688


International Nippon Australia New Zealand Club on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and make my day! Let me know that I am not blogging in vain...