Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Obin's iced lemon tea


Table with snacks and *my* iced lemon tea @Incubare, Saberro House

Okay, I'm going to let you in a little secret... Do you know Bin House? Cita? The batik house that is run by Obin? Well if you know, then what I'm going to say won't be a big surprise, but if you haven't you are in for a treat.

I love Obin's iced lemon tea! The first time I have ever tasted it was when I was visiting her shop in Kuningan. It's an old house that got converted into a shop but in a way that makes you feel as though you are visiting a friend's house. As soon as you enter the house, you see a large circular table with traditional old fashioned Indonesian snacks; peanuts, sour candy and this cookie that melts as soon as you put into your mouth and LOTS of iced lemon tea.


Close up of the iced lemon tea, yes, guilty of forgetting to take picture when it was pretty and untouched. *sigh* You really have the heart to make me wait this irresistible drink?

That day, I got my very first Obin blouse and a taste of addicting iced lemon tea. I have no idea what she uses that makes the iced tea so damn good. I know she uses Limau instead of lemon, that much is clear when you are holding the glass. So is that why its so good? I absolutely loves the exploding taste of tea, lime and sugar in my mouth. Maybe thats why, all of the three basic taste are so strong but yet so balanced that makes it so yum... Hmm... I don't know. One thing that I do know though, is that, I will be going back. If I don't see any top or piece of clothing that I like, then a glass of iced lemon tea will be my consolation. Noooo.... I didn't go there for the iced lemon tea... OK, maybe. But don't tell anyone.

Bin House
Available in Alun Alun Indonesia, Plaza Indonesia, Saberro House in Kemang and the boutique in Kuningan, Menteng.
(not all serves the iced lemon tea though...)
Jakarta Pusat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and make my day! Let me know that I am not blogging in vain...