Saturday, December 27, 2008

afternoon breakfast/tea break


My day started at 8am. After a quick breakfast and shower, I was on the run to meet V for a picture hunt session to satiate our thirst of getting the best picture of the best angle, objects, lighting, and so on and so forth in Jakarta. We ran around in the morning sun, which in Jakarta that can be quite hot. We went to two places, one a museum and another one a huge statue in the middle of one of the busiest road in Central Jakarta. Yes! We are passionate for our pictures.

When we wrapped up, it was noon and I was getting hungry. I kept on thinking what I should have for lunch on the way back home. Ever since I arrived in Jakarta last week, I have had this craving for matcha french toast at Matcha Moon. You may think that it's gross, but I am a die hard matcha fan. One birthday ago, one of my dearest friends visited and stayed in my apartment in Singapore and surprised me with a green tea cake. Her reasoning was, since 'she' (meaning me) uses green tea tooth paste, she must like green tea cake. Indeed! What a great deduction skill... So now you know how die hard I am for green tea if I even have green tea tooth paste...



The Cake & Menu Display

Needless to say, after lunch I texted M to see what she was up for. To my delight, she agreed to meet up in Plaza Senayan and I convinced her to try out Matcha Moon. We both ordered Latte which is green tea with milk, and of course I ordered my Matcha French Toast. My craving is about to be satisfied, so I waited like a little good school girl in my seat. When the toasts came, it came with two kinds of syrups: normal maple syrup and green tea syrup. The die-hard-matcha-fan in me ignored the maple syrup and poured the green tea syrup on every inch of the matcha french toast's moist, fluffy, green surface. My knife and fork sliced open the toast, revealing its moist, soft and green tea inside. I could taste the strong taste of green tea, softness of the milk and egg that soaked the bread, and the sweetness of the green tea syrup. I was in green tea heaven. I really love the fact that the bread was soaked with green tea, milk and egg all the way to the core, making the outside of the bread firm and soft with a gooey soft inside. Perfecto!



Matcha (Green Tea) French Toast

The green tea latte was good, not too much milk nor green tea. Just right. I also like the fact that they separate the sugar, so that sugar picky person like me could use as little syrup as possible. Oh! Almost forgot to mention that M ordered a kurogoma ice cream, despite my pep talk for her to get the matcha parfait so that I could snap a picture and write a review on it. I'd say, skip the kuro-goma ice cream unless you have a super sweet tooth. It's a tad too sweet and thin black sesame taste. I'd say order the parfait and let me know how it is.



Matcha Latte with liquid sugar and Matcha cookie (its that little green thing near the Latte's glass


Kurogoma (Black Sesame) Ice Cream


Matcha Moon
Plaza Senayan Parking Building 5th Fl.
Jl. Asia Afrika No. 8
Jakarta Pusat 10270
+62 21 579 00333
www.matchamoon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and make my day! Let me know that I am not blogging in vain...