Sunday, June 12, 2011

Pasteur, Haymarket

Our spread at Pasteur

What could be more soothing and comforting than a bowl of teeming hot pho on dreary, rainy, cloudy winter days that we have been having lately? Well, curling up in bed with a good book or watching a good movie I suppose.

Veggie for the pho, tea and dipping sauce for the spring rolls

Pasteur is my go-to Vietnamese restaurant in Sydney because its close proximity and my family recommendation. I need to check out Cabramatta soon though. So anyway, my recommendation for these winter days: meatball and sliced beef pho with a side dish of spring rolls.

Sliced beef and beef ball pho

I love the fact that the sliced beef were so tender and just nicely cooked as it was sliced raw and cooked just as the hot soup is poured to the bowl. I love how the broth is fragrant, nicely balanced and not oily nor fatty.

Spring rolls

The spring rolls, in my opinion, are the best in Sydney so far. I love the mix of flavors and texture inside: minced pork and prawn, mushrooms, yummmm... These kinds of food definitely make this wintry days bearable...

Pasteur
709 George St
Haymarket, NSW 2000

Pho Pasteur on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. pho in this crappy weather sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I not sure if this is the best pho in town though

    ReplyDelete
  3. @chocolatesuze - yea, this weather must bring good business for the pho shops ;)

    @chopinandmysaucepan - maybe not =) as I've only eaten pho here and the one shop in skyview plaza. Any recommendation for best/better pho? thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts and make my day! Let me know that I am not blogging in vain...