Monday, October 12, 2009

Marmalade Pantry in Jakarta

Marmalade Pantry's signature flower, identical to the ones in Singapore

Yes, you read correctly - "Marmalade Pantry in Jakarta". A few weeks back, a friend invited me for lunch at Marmalade Pantry and I told her that it would be impossible as I was back in Jakarta for good by then. As this was all done through facebook messages, it wasn't until sometime later that I found out that Marmalade Pantry has indeed opened a franchise in Jakarta.

Interior of the Plaza Indonesia branch

Reflections from the mirrors, the framed mirrors added a trendy accent

The front of the restaurant

It was one of days when M, my partner in crime of late, watched a movie and was starved by the end of it but I wasn't. Since she has never been to the ones in Singapore, she decided to give it a try once I raved about it.

Marmalade Pantry was one of my favorite haunts when I was in Singapore. I loved it's homey feel, its abundance of magazines, and its secluded place at Palais Rennaisance at the far end of Orchard Road. Unfortunately, my Singapore sources had told me that they have moved from Palais Rennaisance into Ion where it's super crowded. I wonder if they are able to maintain it's homey feel. I spent many Saturday brunches there with friends or even alone. Alone. Yes, with either a book or my iPod. It was that homey. I was ecstatic when I found out that they have opened here in Jakarta. One less restaurants that I will miss from Singapore for sure.

Crabmeat Linguini (I forgot the exact price but it ranged from Rp55,000-65,000)

The dishes that I recommended for M were: Crabmeat Linguini, Falafel, Steak Sandwich and Crabmeat Caesar Salad. She opted for the linguini. I tasted it just to make sure that it was just as good, and it was! The pasta were cooked just right, not too soft nor too hard. Crab meat was abundant and the red sauce just delicious. Oh, the pine nuts were also present. ;)

My cuppa chamomile tea with honey

If I were hungry at that time, I would have ordered us a Sticky Date Toffee pudding: my favorite dessert of Marmalade Pantry Singapore. The warm sticky date pudding, soft and fluffy with remnants of the blended dates, drenched in warm toffee sauce and topped with a vanilla ice cream. Mmmmmm... I didn't know how it tastes here in Jakarta, but I do hope that it's just as good. If any of you tried it, please do let me know.

The Marmalade Pantry
Plaza Indonesia - 1st Floor #E18-19
Jl. M.H. Thamrin Kav 28-30
Jakarta Pusat
+62 21 315 4374

2 comments:

  1. Hello there!

    I would like to take this opportunity to invite you down for a food tasting at our Japanese restaurant.

    Do let me know if you're keen. You can contact me at lmzhdrn@gmail.com

    Hope to hear from you. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aaron,

    Thanks for the invite and I will send you an email soon.

    Hope you enjoyed my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts and make my day! Let me know that I am not blogging in vain...